Emiway Bantai (Bilal Shaikh) is known as one of the most popular rappers in India. He is a singer, rapper (hip-hop/Rap/RnB/Pop), dancer, songwriter and editor. He is famous for the song “Asli Hip Hop” and the appearance in the film ‘Gully Boy’ (2019).
Emiway Bantai has massive number of subscribers of about 16 million on his YouTube channel. He has won multiple awards through public votes including the MTV Europe Music Award for Best Indian Act.
Nowadays, Indian hip-hop and are going global. Emiway says, his ultimate goal is to make sure that Hindi rap will be heard worldwide and given as much recognition as English rap.
Emiway was inspired by Eminem, who is an American rapper. Emiway Bantai is also popular for his diss tracks. He had a very public fight with rapper Raftaar, which in 2017 gave way to a song called “Sadak”. His another diss track was “Samajh Mein Aaya Kya”. Recently, he released songs like “Dhyaan De”, “Firse Machayenge” and “Skkrt Karenge”.
I would like to share some conversation of Emiway Bantai during an interview taken by the Indian Express.
“What is your take on diss tracks in Desi Hip-Hop? Do you think its good for the culture?”
He replied, “I think diss tracks are definitely a beautiful way to express your true feelings against a person or situation that has been unfair to you. It’s a good way to deliver your massage out loud and clear.”
By Times Of India
“If a person wants to pursue a career in music, especially in rapping, they are often looked down upon. According to you, how can these passionate individuals find a space for themselves?”
He answered, “Its most important for passionate individual to find themselves first. Perseverance. Nothing comes easy.”
- Name: Emiway Bantai (Bilal Shaikh)
- Nick Name: Shahrukh Shaikh
- Profession: Singer/Rapper (Hip-Hop/Rap/RnB/Pop)
- Award: Radio City Freedom Award (2016) for the song “Aisa Kuch Shot Nahi Hai”
- Born: 13th November 1995
- Age: 26 years old (as of 2021)
- School: LHS, Mumbai
- Education Qualification: 11th standard
- Birth place: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Hometown: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Nationality: Indian
- Religion: Muslim
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Height: 5 feet 7 inch
- Weight: (approx.) 60 kg
- Eye color: Black
- Hair color: Black
- Father’s name: Not known
- Mother’s name: Not known
- Current relationship status: Single
- Net worth (in 2021): (approx.) 2 to 5 million
- Favorite actor(s): Shahrukh Khan, Ranveer Singh
- Favorite actress(es): Kajol, Jacqueline Fernandez, Alia Bhatt
- Favorite rapper(s): Eminem , Tech N9ne, NF, Token
- Favorite singer(s): Arijit Singh, Atif Aslam
- Favorite food: Loves to eat non-veg
- Hobbies: Playing Football, Dancing
Emiway Bantai (Bilal Shaikh) was born on 13th November 1995 in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. At present he resides in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. He belongs to a middle-class orthodox Muslim family with roots in Karnataka. His father runs a godown business. Emiway Bantai’s father is Muslim whereas his mother was a Hindu, It was a love marriage between his parents.
He has completed his schooling from LHS, Mumbai. However, Emiway Bantai dropped out of college when he was in his 12th standard to perceive his passion to become a rapper.
At early days of career journey, Emiway Bantai used to listen Eminem ’s (an American Rapper) song and always used to get impressed by Eminem , hence, he decided to become rapper just like Eminem . He started rapping the songs of Eminem Lil Wayne and Tech N9ne. His first rapping was Eminem ’s ‘Not Afraid’ song while his friends also always encouraged and praised him for his talent, and that introduced him to move forward in the rap music.
During those days, Emiway had no knowledge of music, so he wanted to learn music but due to financial problems, he used to learn music on his own from YouTube.
Also, during his struggling periods, he worked as helper in the ‘Hard Rock Café’ to earn money to perceive his passion for the rap music, without taking support from his family. After few years later, coincidentally, it was the same cafe where he received the ‘Radio City Freedom Award’.
Initially, he started rapping at his home only. On May, 2013, he posted his first ‘GLINT Lock’ rap in English on his YouTube channel. He collaborated with Minta in Imax studio. Minta is a Hindi and Marathi rapper. His raps were mostly in English, hence his father suggested him to turn it in Hindi so that the common Indian people could understand it easily and this would make his raps famous as raps in English is very competitive and as there were many famous English rappers.
In 2014, he posted his first Hindi rap “Aur Bantai”, for which he earned huge success. In 2017, he came back with the song “Sadak” in collaboration with Raftaar.
In 2018, he was engaged in a diss war with Raftaar. It started when Raftaar questioned his ability as a rapper. To which Emiway replied, with a diss track titled “Samaz Mein Aaya Kya”, in response to which, Raftaar released a song titled, “Sheikh Chilli”, to which Emiway replied with the song titled “Giraftar”. His other releases like, “Dhyaan De”, “Firse Machayenge” and “Skkrt Karenge”, have made quite a splash.
His journey in Bollywood began when he got a chance in Zoya Akhtar’s ‘Gully Boy’ (2019), where he did the rapping in the song “Asli Hip-Hop”. Also, he acted in the ‘Gully Boy’ film.
His rap song “Khatam Hue Waande”, earned more than 108 million views. Emiway’s another track is “Grind”, which was released in march 2021.
He also appeared as one of the judges in ‘Red Bull Spotlight’ 2021, which is a nationwide hunt to discover and support India’s best emerging rappers, hosted by MX player.
- He introduced his stage name, “Emiway”, which is the combination of the names of Eminem and Lil Wayne, that is Emi + Way.
- He has his own music studio named Bantai The Studio.
- Before becoming famous, Emiway also appeared in the popular reality talent show, India’s Got Talent, where he received standing ovation from the judges.
- His father is also seen in one of his videos.
- He wanted to become a doctor in his school days.
- His mother was a huge fan of Shahrukh Khan, she renamed him to Shahrukh Shaikh.
- Emiway Bantai is the first independent Indian Hip-Hop artist to cross one lakh subscribers on YouTube.
- From his initial days, both his parents supported Emiway to the full extent and this helped him to become successful.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!